Helping Workers With Employment Law
If you’re encountering a problem at work, or have been fired, you may have grounds to take legal action.
At Legal-Ease, we represent employees in all areas of employment law, including:
- Discrimination involving race, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, sex, gender, disability or sexual orientation
- Wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) or state labor laws, including:
- Unpaid overtime
- Missed meal and rest breaks
- Misclassification of employees as independent contractors
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Bullying and harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Whistleblower’s Protection
- OSHA violations
- And more
We represent Independent Contractors and Employees.
Understanding Employment Law
Depending on your situation, you may need to file a complaint with the Maine Human Rights Commission or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. These agencies are responsible for over-sight of various state and federal employment laws. Deadlines for filing such agency claims can be short. Failing to timely file agency claims can result in loss of rights. If you believe you have been treated wrongly or unfairly at work, please immediately speak with one of our attorneys.
Our employment lawyers are exceptional and skilled.
Discuss Your Employment Law Questions Today At Our Walk-In Office
Learn more about Legal-Ease by calling us at (207) 805-0055 or email us at [email protected]. We are open seven days a week, from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm on Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday. Appointments are preferred but not necessary, we accept all walk-ins. Located at Mallside Plaza, 198 Maine Mall Road, South Portland, Maine 04106.